Friday, September 1, 2017

An anecdote

Today at work I was outside with my boss while she was smoking. She started telling me about how long she's been smoking for and how she really should quit.
I mentioned my addictive personality and how I once smoked for 3 days and craved smokes for the rest of the month.
She then said:
"What did you find to replace it? Obviously not food"

I had to stop myself from bursting into laughter. Food is my vice. I just throw it up....

I'm heading up north today to see some family. I'm both anxious and excited, as per usual. I get a ride up so I dont have to take the bus which is nice.

I know I promised you guys a poem iver a week ago... but I've been to anxious to post it. It's about my trauma and I really want to share it as I believe it will help get the weight of the story off my shoulders, but it's also very scary. Ill try to post it sometime this week.

1 comment:

  1. Post it when you feel ready, not because you feel under pressure. It sounds very personal and painful for you, and that's never easy to share. Don't let the anxiety of posting it add another weight to your shoulders <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete