Monday, August 21, 2017

I found my words

I wrote a new poem today, by no means my best work, but I wrote.

I wrote about what happened. I've never done that before. I wrote about November 29th 2013.

I'll put the poem up tomorrow, I'm still a bit too anxious to share it today.


It's been a while since I've been able to write, I've either been too happy or too scared to let my words fall out on a page, who knows what monsters will come to life when things get written down in pen. Writing in pencil may be less scary, but the secret is still out once you erase it. You can still see the dent in the page, the mark it created. I tell myself it's worth it, having everything out in the open, but there's a wall between my thoughts and the world. Today I made a small hole. And slowly, I'll knock this wall down.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your poem...sending love

    ReplyDelete