Monday, July 17, 2017

Rigid flexibility

I drew up a new meal plan for myself, but this time, I gave myself options! Yes, options! That way, I feel like if I deviate, it's not the end of the world.

I've also decided that I need to go through a period of allowing myself  'forbidden' foods so that they stop being forbidden and become foods I choose not to eat.

Today I let myself have a treat at work. I asked my coworker to bring me a lemon bar, and she brought me a lemon bar with a butter tart. I ate them both. And it was okay. I'd rather not eat baked goods, but I need to remember that having them every so often is okay. It won't kill me. And, it won't make me gain weight. Yes, constantly overeating baked goods would lead to weight gain. But two treats the day before my birthday? I'll be fine.

As well as making a meal plan, I also set up structure for the day. My week is all over the place with regards to schedules but I found a new way to optimize my time. Instead of planning specifically what I'm going to do at every hour every day, I set time ranges where I have to get a certain family of tasks done for the week.

This means that Saturdays and Sundays are chore days, and I can do my chores whenever I want in the morning of those two days. It also means that I don't have chores left to do the rest of the week. Studying for my class is done Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning, as well as Saturday afternoon. Instead of stressing out over everything I have to do in a day, I look at my week as a whole, and it's been really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment