Friday, October 21, 2016

protein bars

This blog post is going to be mostly me ranting about my love hate relationship with protein bars. I will be posting a blog post where I give my review of protein bars over the weekend, but for now I'm just going to rant. I'm in a complaining mood.

OKAY. So protein bars cost about a million dollars a box, and 2 million dollars if you buy them individually. So me, trying to be financially responsible, buys protein bars in boxes. But then I binge on them. And I can't purge them because they cost a million dollars. And they have protein, and I need the protein in my diet. But it was still a binge and I'll hate myself for it for the next week.

Now you're probably thinking, okay Niqi, just don't fucking binge on your protein bars. But when I don't keep binge food in the house, they're the closest thing I have to chocolate bars and so they become my binge food.

And thus, I have to buy my protein bars individually. And spend more money that I don't have.

*sigh*


2 comments:

  1. This may be a stupid question (coming from someone who doesn't do protein bars), but have you thought of making your own? I see recipes around all the time that seem pretty quick & easy, and it might help with both the problem of cost and the issue of having huge amounts around.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made some in the past, and you're right, it's a much better situation for me! I'm mostly just too lazy though :P After reading this last night I went out and bought some ingredients to make my own bars this weekend though! Thanks :)

      Delete