Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Fall plans

I have new plans for the fall.

I will be enrolling in school, however I'll only be taking two classes. Two classes is considered full time for students with disabilities, and so I will be considered a full time student.

This means that I get access to free counseling, and can keep the same doctor akd psychiatrist that ive had for the past couple years.

I know I've talked a lot about not being ready for school, so it may seek strange that I've decided to enroll. However, I'm doing this in a smart way. I'll only be taking two courses in the fall, and they're both first year courses (this will be my forth year) so I expect to br quite successful. I'll be taking macro economics and micro economics. I'll have two hours of class Wednesday mornings, and one hour of class Thursday mornings. The rest of the course is done online.

I also got hired at the school bar/restaurant to work in the kitchen. It's a part time position and they work around my class times.

I'll also be starting a "beyond self harm" group which follows a DBT program. I've done a condensed DBT program once, so I know what to expect and I hope that this helps with all aspects of my impulsivity, not just my self harm.

So my finances, school and treatment seem to be sorted out. I'm pretty confident in this plan going forward. I'm back at work today after two sick days so I'm pretty anxious about that, but I know it will be okay.

Hope you're all having a good hump day

-Niqi
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good plan! I'm glad you were able to find a balance that works for you. Sometimes it just takes some trial and error. Free counseling and being able to keep your current team is just the icing on the cake! It sounds like things are going okay at the moment (or as well as they can)? So happy for you :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bella,things definitely are settling into place a little bit and ot feels nice.

      Delete