Monday, May 23, 2016

Protein banana bread

Good morning lovelies,

It's a holiday Monday over here which I desperately needed. Last week was my first full week of work (due to my fainting episode last week, I got a short week). A full week of work is tiring, and when you're fighting with your mind everyday, even more so.

I spent some time yesterday making a delicious loaf of fat free protein chocolate banana bread, and thought I would share my recipe!

- 2 bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cups instant oats
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 2/3 cups water

Mix everything together and bake for about 20 minutes.

I undercooked mine a little and really liked it, the top layer gets quite crunchy, but the rest had almost a brownie like texture.

I had two big pieces for breakfast then went to the gym for a quick 15 minute session. I haven't been in a really long time as this depression has been kicking my ass, but I'm so glad I finally got out. I've been spending a lot of time trying to motivate myself, and it was hard at first but it definitely paid off.

For those of you not in Canada, I hope your Monday goes as well as it can, and for those of you up here, happy long weekend!!

-Niqi
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yum! I'd suggest maybe adding some bran cereal, and if you're game, sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on too before baking to give it a yummy crust :)

    P.S, it's already Tuesday morning here!

    xx

    ReplyDelete