Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Boyfriend Drama

I don't want to go into full and complete detail about my boyfriend drama, but this week has had its ups and downs.
The short story is, my boyfriend broke up with my on Monday.
We got back together on Tuesday.

The long story is, it's hard to take care of someone who's sick. Especially when it's not your job to take care of them. Especially when you're sick yourself. It seems like my boyfriend put a lot of pressure on himself when it came to my health. I also don't notice those that I hurt when I'm hurting. Because when I'm hurting I feel like I'm taking on the pain of the universe and the weight of the world. I forget that other people have thoughts and feelings and emotions. I forget to have compassion.

My boyfriend and I are continuing our relationship. Because we love each other and we make each other happy. But we need to learn to communicate better. I need to learn how to communicate in a compassionate way when I'm upset, and he needs to learn that it's okay to have to step away or call someone else for help when I'm in crisis.

But we're learning and we're growing and that's what happens in healthy couples.

So I guess I'm adulting. I'm solving conflicts and maintaining long term relationships.
It's hard but it's worth it.

-Niqi
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your adulting. :) If you're ever bored, you should check out this channel on youtube - it's called Educating Shanny. Her husband does a lot of posts with her and he gives the "other half" perspective on dealing with bulimia and general mental health stuff. Shannon herself is pretty cool to watch too, she's recovering herself and I find her videos to be really encouraging and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your relationship's under strain. Mental illness, and especially EDs, can be hard on significant others. I'd just started dating my first long-term boyfriend when I developed AN, and he was jointly my legal carer alongside mum for nearly two years before we broke up. It's not a role that's pleasant to put on loved ones, but it was necessary.

    I hope you and your boyfriend can works things out. Keeping you in my thoughts <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete