Friday, April 8, 2016

Sometimes you just need a day

I've been so busy lately, with the end of classes, running events for my math society, house hunting, job hunting and just life in general.

So I'm taking a day. I'm going to go to class, and I'm going to work, but I'm spending my morning in a Starbucks drinking a mocha and blogging, and I'll be spending my evening in a warm bath with Mindy Lahiri's book and some iced tea. I just need to let my brain rest.

Luckily, this all fits in with my exam studying plans, and I won't be behind at all. But this is a marathon not a sprint. I need to remind myself of that.

I really do struggle with being nice to myself, but it will be necessary over the next little bit. I booked in extra sessions with my counselor, to if nothing else, get me out of bed and into her office.

Since today is my last week of classes, and I have a two week 'break' until my first exam, I am worried about secluding myself. I'm making it a personal goal to leave the house for at least 2 hours every day. Whether for a walk or to go to the gym, or to go study at the library or in the math building, I will see daylight everyday.

But for today, I'm just going to rest. I have a grey's anatomy catch up date/bitch fest with my roommate in a little bit, and that should help my brain relax before class. Today is my first busy day at work so I'm both excited and nervous. I'd rather be busy than bored out of my mind to be honest.

I'm also really excited for my bath. I might go to the sauna as well. My muscles are tight and could use some heat therapy and stretching.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone ,

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment