Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8th - Grocery Haul

Grocery shopping can be so damn difficult. It is difficult. Eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full is difficult enough, now I need to get the supplies necessary for a week?

Today's trip went quite well though. I don't know if I was still high from yesterday's overdose. Or maybe I am getting better. Maybe a combination.

Anyhow; here is what I got for the week:

Quest bars! Of course! I love my new energy bar recipe (a couple posts back), but nothing can beat the amazing tastiness of these with 20grams of protein.

Black beans to go into wraps and almonds for snacks! Gotta get that protein :) 

















Lemon juice, pepper and tahini to make some hummus!



Lots of veggies of course! This week, I got sweet potato, carrots, cucumber and tomato. I still have lettuce and zucchini from last week!

Bread. As much as I hate admitting that bread needs to be a part of my diet I know it's the truth. I can't live off of oatmeal as my only source of grains. I picked up some cranberry bread and large tortillas to make melts and wraps!



And of course, apples. I get the on - sale apples so they come prepackaged, but I always get the package with the most granny smiths :)














Hopefully having this much luck grocery shopping this week will mean that eating will also go well this week.

-Niqi
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about grocery shopping. I usually load up on veggies, fruit and beans too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually so proud of myself - for me this is a large variety, and I'm so excited for all the fun salads I'll make with the veggies :)

      Delete