Thursday, March 17, 2016

Meal plan

My first food goal in treatment is to go back to having consistent breakfasts.

Oatmeal with protein powder and fruit is one of my favorite breakfasts. So that will be my breakfast. Because I get up early, I need a morning snack, so I'll have some banana nicecream :) Blended banana with chocolate stevia.

For lunch, I'll have bean sprout spaghetti, with some steamed veggies, and a couple vegan meatballs.

Tomorrow is my last day of midterm week, so I'm going to end up drinking and playing the rest of the day by ear. I know that's usually a bad idea, but I really just want to let myself go for a day.

I'll be working really hard this weekend to try and figure out meals that work for me over the course of the week, and to truly get back on track.

My first set of intake goals is:
5 grains
5 fruits/veg
2 dairy
2 proteins
4 added fats.

The grains and added fats are definitely going to be the hardest, but for now I just need to focus on breakfast. I think I might be able to handle a latte with my breakfast as well, so then I would have a grain, fruit, dairy and a protein

I thought maybe if I wrote this out now, the night before, I would have more motivation to follow this tomorrow. It's really just the first half of the day I need to get through.

I'll let you know how it goes.


-Niqi
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Breakfast is hard for me sometimes too, but I'm growing to like it. I've been consistently eating breakfast for 3 months and I feel really good about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing so well with breakfast until recently, so I'm glad I'm being challenged to work on it again. I remember feeling good about breakfast, so I hope to get back to that. I'm glad you're doing okay with breakfast :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! Breakfast is always a challenge for me, even though I used to love it as a kid. I like that you're working with exchanges instead of calories. I have a magnet on my fridge from my dietician, that breaks down how many grains/proteins/fruit/vege/dairy you need for your age and gender, plus examples of how much is one serve, and a picture of 'MyPlate' (we use this in Australia instead of the food pyramid). It's super handy for keeping my head in check with correct portion sizes.

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Ya in Canada we have a rainbow, but it's the same idea. I'm supposed to get a certain amount of servings in, which is nice, I like it better than calories. I like the idea that maybe one day I'll be able to stop counting calories.

      Delete