Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22 - Grocery haul















Today's hail is kind of boring. I bought to loaves of rye bread hiding in the back. I'm starting to feel much safer around bread, and confident that I won't binge and purge on it. I had a tomato mozzarella melt on two slices of this bread today for lunch, it was pretty spectacular.
I also picked up some bananas and cheerios, as I thought adding some variety to my breakfast would be great. This way I can alternate between oatmeal and berries and cereal and a banana!

I also picked up sidekicks. I'm really struggling to figure out how to eat grains, and how to make grains a meal other than just oatmeal or sandwiches. I'm hoping that these prepared sides with roasted veg can help inspire me towards new meals. I picked up a curry noodle one and a Mexican rice.

I hope all is well with you, I'm looking to put up a couple new posts this week, unfortunately I got sick (physically) and haven't been motivated to write. But I'll start writing consistently again very soon!

-Niqi
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your grocery haul posts. Have you tried banana in your oatmeal? I used to make a banana bread inspired oatmeal using a bit of mashed banana, cinnamon, and a little bran cereal all cooked in. Yummers!

    Grains can be difficult to figure out meals with. What do you think of stir-fries? There are so many yummy packet sauces out there, and you can really use any combo of protein and veggies and serve it with rice (or noodles) for a quick and easy balanced meal.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put banana and oatmeal in my oatmeal, but I'm definitely going to try your banana bread inspired oatmeal tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes :)
      I love stir fries! The rice or noodles I struggle to incorporate... definitely something I need to work on. I'll try adding some in a little at a time! Thanks :)

      Delete