Sunday, February 7, 2016

Insurance

Medical insurance needs to start covering therapy.

Don't tell me my illness isn't real.
I've spent my evening in tremendous pain, unable to think straight, barely able to breathe. I had to tell my boyfriend to call the cops on me if I don't get out of bed tomorrow morning, because it means I overdosed.

I'm in too much pain to sleep, but can't stand staying awake. I can't talk to anyone without bursting into tears. I'm alone.

I know that the help I need exists. The only problem is, I can't afford it. There are treatments for athletes with eating disorders. There are inpatient non-substance addiction treatments. They aren't cheap. And I can't afford them. I can't even afford a private therapist, and the therapist covered by my school got sick. I'm hoping to get a student therapist tomorrow. They'd be covered by my school, but wouldn't be specialized in eating disorders, and have very little, if any, borderline personality disorder experience.

At least it's something.

This weekend has been rough.

Off to bed with me,


-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment