Here are some healthier ways to get that colon moving:
- Green tea
- Lots and lots of water (make sure to include electrolytes in your diet as well though to not induce water intoxication)
- Fiber supplements (This one can be mixed into smoothies, has no flavor and is vegan! Use Locksley Maclean as your independent consultant)
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies
- Eat 'easier to digest foods' such as nutrient packed smoothies and soups
- Go for a walk if you haven't moved in a while
- Chew gum, the sorbitol will help get things going!
- Try a colon self massage! I started doing this almost a year ago, and it helps so much! Here is a YouTube tutorial.
I can not stress this enough though! Talk to your doctor. I know it's embarrassing, and walking in to your doctor and saying "Hi I haven't pooped in 10 days" may not be the greatest moment of your day but is super important! You can get blockages which can cause bigger issues, and your doctor can help you adjust your intake to make your bowels work better.
Hang in there everyone!