Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Groceries

I saw my therapist in the grocery store, and went over to chat.

This is actually a really big deal for me. Grocery shopping  is really stressful for me and I always feel as though I'm being judged.

To be honest, had this happened at any other time, I would have bolted. I would have run away, and most likely left the grocery store to return at a later time. However, I haven't seen my therapist in a few months as she's been on temporary leave.

As difficult it has been with my therapist being on leave I was able to have a real person conversation in a grocery store, which is never something I would have considered possible. Especially with someone who knows about all my food struggles.

I'm trying to be more positive. So maybe this is the good in the bad. As bad it is that I haven't been able to see my therapist in quite a while, and I've been worried sick about her, I was able to see that she was okay, and I conquered the challenge of grocery shopping knowing she was there.


-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment