Monday, January 11, 2016

Diagnosis

Other than four months a year and a half ago when I was diagnosed with purging disorder, I have had the bulimia diagnosis since I told my doctor about my eating troubles.

I'm being re-referred to a treatment program, and they will do a new assessment. My doctor said that there is a chance they change my diagnosis to anorexia binge purge subtype.

I'm honestly uncomfortable with that idea. I don't really feel as though I restrict, other than to avoid binging and purging. If over eating triggers me binging and purging, isn't avoiding over eating a smart reaction? I make sure to eat a comfortable amount of healthy food in order to reduce behaviours. I thought that that was what I was supposed to do. And now I'm potentially going to get a new diagnosis?

The DSM is fucked.


-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment