Saturday, December 26, 2015

My book

Happy boxing day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and were able to get through whatever meals and family events you had to face.

I started writing a book about growing up with mental illness. It's a memoir on the first 20 years of my life, and will be released on July 18th 2016, my twentieth birthday. I'm really enjoying writing this, it is a bit of a challenge as well quite liberating.

Here's an excerpt

"They say things get better with time. I’ve learned that things really only get better with effort.


I remember the first time food made me cry. I was five, and my mom had sliced up some apples as part of my snack. I really wasn’t a fan of fruit at this age, and so I ate everything else on my plate. We ended up getting into a fight over me not wanting to eat my apples, I cried and was sent upstairs to finish them. I threw them into the trash and covered them with tissue. My mom found out, washed the apple slices, put them back on my plate and made me eat them." 

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment