Friday, December 18, 2015

Let the holidays begin

I'm officially done my exams!! Three of them went quite well, the one I wrote today was pretty brutal though to be honest. However, I managed to only be a little self-destructively impulsive, and I'm now dying my hair lavender! I'm currently on step one, so I'm just stripping it of all it's color.

My boyfriend is over studying statistics because he doesn't finish until Monday, poor kid.

For me the holidays have started. I've done a lot of thinking with my support worker lately, and we talked about celebrating the holidays in terms of what they mean to ME.
To me the holidays are about hot drinks, warm socks and blankets and reading book after book on your reading list. Snowball fights and hot chocolate. Seeing my siblings. Lots and lots of holiday baking.
To my family, the holidays are more focused around the meals. Big Christmas dinner, new years eve dinner, boxing day dinner etc etc.
Just because I will be going home and partaking in those big holiday meals, doesn't mean that I have to make a big deal about them. Yes they will cause anxiety, but there are so many things to look forward to with the holidays that aren't about eating. And I'm going to make the most of those occasions.

Let the holidays begin

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment