Sunday, December 6, 2015

Reason

If I was doing this for a boy,
I would have stopped when the boy who's locker was next to mine asked me out on a date.

If I was doing this for popularity,
I would have stopped when I started losing friends, not gaining them.

If I was doing this for love,
I would have stopped when you hugged me and told me you were proud.

If I was doing this for gymnastics,
I would have stopped when chronic dehydration worsened my performance.

If I was doing this for health,
I would have followed my dietitian's meal plan to the letter. 

If I was doing this for attention,
I would have stopped when I was first admitted to hospital.

If I was doing this for beauty,
I would have stopped when my hair started falling out in chunks.

If I was doing this for any
Other reason than illness
Trust me I would have never
Taken it this far.

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment