Saturday, November 21, 2015

'Tis the season

I think I'm the most stereotypical white girl right now.

I'm sitting at the starbucks in chapters, with my yoga pants and knitted sweater, typing away on my blog and reflecting on my year.

It's crazy to think that there is just over a month left to the year. It's also crazy to think of how far I've come since the beginning of the year.

I just picked up my boyfriend's Christmas present, and bought myself a new hat.

The seasonal depression has hit hard, and I'm trying my best to fight it. The past few days have been extremely rough but I seem to be picking up the pieces of myself. I got dressed today and went out to study at the coffee shop with my friend, then played with her rats, then did some errands. Which is much better then the past two days I've spent sleeping.

I'm heading home now to have a nice warm bath and then watch elf while cleaning and decorating my room, as well as setting up my exam calendar.

I'm so incredibly thankful for the break off of school that my doctor gave me. I really didn't realize how much my mental health was deteriorating until I wrote my note Wednesday night. And I'm so glad I didn't act on it, because the world is beautiful, and there are things out there that I still want to discover.

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment