Saturday, November 28, 2015

My therapist

My therapist went on an unexpected leave.
This isn't a huge deal, I go to the student wellness center on campus, and my therapist is free. There are also about a dozen therapists that work there.
However, when the receptionist calls me to cancel my appointment there are two things that I wasn't expecting:

1 - They rebooked my appointment for a month now... as if I would be perfectly fine going 6-8 weeks without seeing my therapist. Additionally, they did not give me any other options, such as seeing someone else. That was it.

2 - They told me she got into an accident, and then gave me no other information. Why in the world would you tell a patient, who is seeing someone for an anxiety disorder, that their therapist got into an accident?

You would think that they would be smarter than this.

I have no idea what happened to my therapist, and she's been off for three weeks now. I'm so stressed over whether or not she's okay, and I can't not have therapy as we head into exams...

Back to studying now.

-Niqi
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap!!! That would send me reeling too. Not knowing what happened, on top of suddenly having to deal on your own. Can you call back and ask to see someone else? Hell....demand if you have to. :)

    ReplyDelete