Friday, October 2, 2015

questioning

When I was young
I was always told
To question everything
To look at everything
From both sides

I questioned why
People tried to kill
Themselves
But was never able
To come up
With an answer

I wish it could
Have stayed this
Way
But unfortunately I found
My answer.

When you start
To question everything
You eventually question
Your life itself.

Why are we here?
Is there a purpose?
The universe is so vast,
how can we
mean anything at all?

I was told this was just
An existential crisis,
And part of growing up,
It would pass, I just needed
To stop questioning life so much.

That's not how I was raised.
I was raised to find answers
And to be logical with my actions
And I'm struggling to find the answer
To why I must stay alive.


-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment