Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Coffee

As most of you know, I have a severe coffee obsession. I love it iced, freshly brewed, espresso shots, lattes, mochas and fraps. I'll even drink day old coffee if its there. I'm actually a coffee snob and really appreciate good quality coffee, but I'll take whatever I can get my hands on.

When I'm at school all day, I  don't have the ability to make myself coffee and I don't like spending money on black coffee. I also wasted a lot of my money on coffee and am now on quite a tight budget. I love making iced coffee and taking it with me in a water bottle!

I have two ways if making it.

I make a cold brew, which is made very similarly to the Starbucks cold brew, however I can't compare taste wise because I haven't had the Starbucks cold brew. Here's the recipe:
- pour water into a pitcher
- put the appropriate amount of fine grind coffee for the amount of water you have (~1tbsp/cup) into the pitcher.
- stir
- seal the pitcher, either with a lid or cling wrap
- let sit for at least 12 hours in the fridge (I go for 18 or even 24)
- pour the coffee through a coffee filter into a new pitcher
- enjoy!
This is a great way to have good quality coffee even if you don't have a coffee machine or are in residence and aren't supposed to make coffee in your room (which I did anyways, but that's a different story).

I also like to make a big pot of coffee drink 2-4 cups and throw the remaining 2-4 cups in the fridge to have iced the next day!

I definitely take a lot of beverages with me to school.. My bag is always quite heavy 🙈

I like to have a water bottle with iced coffee or cold brew, my thermal mug with tea (and extra tea on the side, my office has a kettle), and a water bottle with either crystal light or mio lemonade drops. Staying hydrated and caffeinated is important!

Tomorrow's and Friday's posts are going to be me giving advice regarding university. One will be mental health related, one will be more general. If you have anything you'd like me to address please send me an email, leave me a comment, or tweet at me!

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment