Friday, June 5, 2015

Treatment

I've been struggling a lot lately to find a treatment program that would take me. All the programs that are set up for the level of care I need are too intensive to allow me to continue my job - which is my biggest priority at the moment.

I'm being referred to an experimental DBT group. It would be absolutely fantastic if I could get in. However, my psychiatrist told me if I score too high on an intake form, I won't get in. So far, I've been scoring quite high on the depression and anxiety surveys. I'm worried that I'll be considered too sick for this group.

So, I'm thinking of lying. I don't want to. Especially since this is a study, I don't want to ruin the data. But what am I supposed to do? The mental health system isn't good enough to provide me with treatment. I need this treatment. I need DBT in order to reduce my self harm, in order to get eating disorder treatment in order to stop binging and purging. What other choice do I have?

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment