Friday, June 26, 2015

Depression

You know all those Tumblr posts with girls who are tragically sad, and beautiful people walking around in psych wards with their sleeves pulled down? Depression isn't like that.
Don't get me wrong, I am one who doesn't mind romanticizing mental illness - I do think that it is necessary in some situations. (I've talked about this in the past, I'll link the video I made about this issue at the bottom of this post).

The truth is though, depression sucks. And it's ugly. For instance, take me today.
I woke up this morning and went to an appointment with the same makeup I was wearing yesterday. I haven't showered in three days. I went to the grocery store - I bought and stole some binge food. After a quite unsatisfying binge/purge session, I watched netflix and fell asleep. I then ate the remainder of my binge food, didn't purge, and fell asleep. My sheets are stained with blood, and gross because my nightmares make me sweat so much when I sleep. I'm just so tired. It's now 10pm, and although I slept about 6 hours today, all I want to do is sleep again.

If you were interested, here is my video on the difference between romanticizing and glorifying mental illness, and why I think romanticizing it is okay (in certain situations).


-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment