Sunday, June 28, 2015

Coming out

So I came out
As bisexual
On Facebook
Yesterday.
I'm lucky,
My Aunt is gay
And my family
Doesn't bat an eye.
I was raised
In a very accepting
Family,
And my friends
Are all accepting
As well.

But I guess
It had never come up,
Because my 'real'
Relationships were all
With boys.

So I guess I came out,
If that changes your
Opinion of me
I don't want you in
My life.
I expect to be treated
With the same respect
I treat others no matter
My sexuality.


#LoveWins
#Pride2015

-Niqi
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on coming out! And I am happy everyone was accepting of your truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that your family is accepting of you. Congrats on having the courage to come out on facebook! Even though society is becoming more accepting....it's still hard.

    ReplyDelete