Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's day

I know, I know, I'm a day late. But the love is still there.

Dear mom,
Thanks for being there for me. Thanks for not disowning me when I started to struggle. Thanks for not disowning me when I came out. I knew you wouldn't and never had any doubts that you would, but it was nice that I could always be comfortable. Thanks for trying your hardest for understanding when I told you I was suffering from bulimia. Thanks for coming to see me when I overdosed, and stayed in the ER with me. Thanks for staying by my side when I didn't want to live. Thanks for watching me hurt myself day after day after day, and still trying to get me help. I know we don't always see eye to eye, and we fight a lot, but I deep down, I know it's because you want what's best for me, and I don't always want what's best for me. Thank you.

Dear T,
Thanks for being a good step mom. You're an amazing mother to your two biological girls. And you're perfect at being my mom. You care for me like I'm your own, I know you would do anything to protect me. I also know that being a stepmom is hard. You've always done a great job at taking are of me while not replacing my mom. You're wonderful. Thank you.

Dear C,
You never got to have children of your own, as heaven couldn't wait for you. But you were wonderful to me. I could tell you anything and you would smile and pretend you weren't in pain as you lay in a hospital bed dying. You had the capabilities to turn the fact that you and my dad were suffering with cancer from something heartbreaking, to adventures around the hospital. You were such a trouper, making s'mores with me over the fire, putting up with my little 8 year old singing and continuous 'are we there yet's' on long car rides. Thank you.

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment