Thursday, May 7, 2015

Blendicano

I know I promised you all an article on my banana pancakes that I was about to make a little bit ago, but unfortunately, those ended up being a disaster. They didn't turn out like pancakes at all. I think I was short on egg whites in my batter, but I'm all out now so I can't try again for a little bit.

I did make myself a magnificent 0 cal caffeinated beverage this morning. People have been speaking of 'blendicanos', a calorie free alternative to Starbuck's frapps. I made one in my magic bullet this morning and it was fantastic!

Here is the recipe:
Fill you're bullet cup with ice. Pour 4 (or however many you'd like) shots of espresso over the ice. I would recommend making the espresso the night before and leaving it in the fridge. I poured hot espresso over mine and it wasn't as cold as ideal. I then put in 1/2tbs of splenda and 6 drops of dark chocolate stevia. I prefer the flavor of splenda so I always put it in, but only my stevia's have fun flavors. I need to figure out a way to make it not separate though.

I recently got a bottle of hazelnut stevia, and a bottle of dark chocolate stevia. They have been LIFE CHANGERS. It seems as though having artificial sweeteners would make my ED worse, but in fact it has had the opposite effect. I've been drinking 1% and 2% milk lately (something I never would have done last year), as I had some in the house I could make a flavored latte with my sweeteners.

I hope you're all enjoying the nice weather!

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment