Thursday, April 30, 2015

Summer reading list

Hello lovelies <3

I know that I haven't been very active recently, the exam season is always pretty brutal. Anyhow, I am now relaxing in Starbucks, with a fabulous s'mores frappuccino (it's amazing) and thinking about my summer. I got a research position, and I am super excited but also ridiculously nervous. I wasn't expecting to get the grant, so now that I did, I'm questioning if I deserved it.

However, on a more positive note, I am excited for the summer evenings I'll be able to spend on my lawn with an iced tea in one hand and a book in the other.

Here is my summer reading list:

Sci-Fi:
- Lord of the Rings, J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Hobit, J. R. R. Tolkien
- A Game of Thrones, George R. R .Martin
- Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
- Hominids, Robert J. Sawyer
- Inferno, Dan Brown

Fiction:
- A Soft Place to Land, Susan Rebecca White
- The Beginning of Everything, Robyn Schneider
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom
- Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson
- Catalyst, Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Here and Now, Ann Brashares
- This Song Will Save Your Life, Leila Sales
- By the Time You Read This, I'll be Dead, Julie Anne Peters
- Love Letters to the Dead, Ava Dellaira
- Prozac Nation, Elizabeth Wurtzel
- Impulse, Ellen Hopkins

Non-Fiction:
- What if?, xkcd
- An Apple a Day: A Memoir of Love and Recovery from Anorexia, Emma Woolf
- The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
- Beneath The Surface: Killer Whales, SeaWorld, and the Turth Beyond Blackfish, John Hargrove
- An Uncomplicated Life: A Father's Memoir of His Exceptional Daughter

And now, here is a list of my favorite books, that I highly recommend you add to your summer reading list:

Sci-fi:
- The DaVinci Code, Dan Brown
- Angels and Demons, Dan Brown
- Calculating God, Robert J. Sawyer
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
- Divergent, Veronica Roth
- The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger

Fiction:
- Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher
- It's Kind of a Funny Story, Ned Vizzini
- Looking for Alaska, John Green
- Perfect, Ellen Hopkins
- Winter girls, Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
- The Devil Wears Prada, Lauren Weisberger
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
- Room, Emma Donoghue
- My Most Excellent Year, Susanna Kaysen
- The Silver Linings Playbook, Matthew Quick

Non-Fiction:
- Girl, Interrupted, Susanna Kaysen
- Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia, Marya Hornbacher


I know that this list is ridiculously long, but books are amazing.
Leave me a comment with any book suggestions you have, or questions if you want me to narrow down my list for you :)

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment