Thursday, April 2, 2015

Breakfast

I know that many of you won't agree with me, but I am a huge believer in breakfast. I don't like eating late into the evening as it tends to trigger a binge for me, but in the morning, when I'm feeling good, is one of my prime times to get nutrients in me :) If I'm fighting with the scale or the mirror a lot in the morning I'll just have an apple or some berries and a coffee, but I usually try to get something more substantial in. My common breakfasts are:

1. Egg whites and veggies. I love my egg whites, and they are loaded with protein with virtually no fat. I usually make an omelette with four, throw in some basil, salt and pepper, and some broccoli, and eat it on a bed of lettuce. It comes to 70-100 cals depending on how many veggies I through in.


2. Yogurt and berries. I'm obsessed with Source Lemon Meringue Pie yogurt, and it's only 35cals/third cup. I like warming up some frozen strawberries or raspberries, and then scooping a serving of yogurt on top. It tastes amazing, and is sweet and the perfect way to wake up. It comes to around 105cals, depending on how many berries, and what type of berries you use.

3. Peppermint coconut latte. You all know I'm a coffee addict. This isn't news. Sometimes, when I'm in a rush, or just in the mood for something creamy, I make myself a latte. I pour in a couple shots of espresso (really strong coffee works well if you don't have an espresso machine), 3/4 cups of coconut milk, and I swirl in a mini candy cane. Comes to around 90 calories.

4. Banana and Peanut butter. I ate this for breakfast every single day since as long as I can remember. Unfortunately a couple months ago bananas turned into a fear food. I logically know how good they are for me, but I hit a mental block when I try to eat one. But if you are a fan of bananas, a banana and 1tbsp of natural peanut butter would keep me full and satisfied until lunch time. 195 cals, so higher then my other options, but honestly 100% worth it.
5. A bowl of oatmeal. I get instant oats, and add in a chopped up apple with cinnamon or some berries for sweetness. I also add in a packet of splenda or other sweatner if I have it, if not a couple drops of agave syrup or some brown sugar. I'm okay with adding to sugar to my bowl of oatmeal unless I'm having a very tough day. I have about 100cals worth of oatmeal, plus whatever I add in.











I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful breakfast!
(I'm currently finishing up my egg whites and lettuce (I'm running very low on veggies today))

Enjoy your Thursday!

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment