Sunday, March 22, 2015

Remember the little things

Sorry that I have been gone for a while. It's that final few weeks of the semester, where everything seems to be coming together and falling apart at the same time. My work load is decreasing but exams are coming up in a month and are haunting my thoughts. I only have three more assignments until my term work is done, and I am looking forward to that. However, I'm writing a 60% and a 100% exam this term, so this is going to be a tough exam period. My accommodations haven't been put through either, and I'm starting to worry that the university thinks I can write exams without accommodations. I wish I could but my anxiety just can't handle it.

During these tough times, I am working really hard to remember the little things. It is the little things that make getting through day to day life bearable, and sometimes even pleasurable. Here are the little things I try to remember when things seem dark and hopeless:

- bubble baths
- coffee
- music
- netflix
- hugging my stuffed animals
- spring coming around
- coffee shops and mochas
- glittery nail polish
- reading a good book
- dancing to your favorite song
- finally understanding a hard concept
- cozy sweaters
- lemonade
- tumblr
- candy canes
- how beautiful campus is
- cute underwear
- heals
- freshly washed sheets
- popcorn and a movie
- cute mugs
- candles
- skyping my siblings

Remember that life may seem overwhelming and too much, but it's okay to say fuck it to responsibilities and just breathe. Drink some good coffee, relax with a book or a movie, or braid a friend's hair. Everything will be okay. Tomorrow will come, and even your worst days are only 24hrs.

-Niqi
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment